RCT on crowned teeth, suggestions needed.

Home Forums Health and Diet Forum Treatment, Precautions and Care RCT on crowned teeth, suggestions needed.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sonnei52 16 hours, 11 minutes ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Katherine
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I need your take on this situation.

When I was young, I had a bad fallout with a guy in the neighborhood. We ended up fighting and I fell on the ground with broken teeth and bleeding face. Since my molars were damaged badly, my parents took me to the pediatric dentist in Oakville to fix broken teeth with porcelain crowns. After 10 years, with severe toothache and swelling of gums, I visited my dentist. He advised RCT is the only option as the decay was severe and can’t be restored. I informed him about my crowned teeth and he said that RCT is possible on crowned teeth too. He explained that the filling of the teeth would be done from beneath the tooth til the crown. But won’t be drilling a hole in the crown makes it more prone to fracture? Or removing the crown and sealing the teeth completely before being crowned again is better?

Thanks in advance.

Sonnei52
    Participant

With the dental problems it is very difficult to have a good night sleep. You should never ignore dental issues otherwise things can turn out to be scary and you will have to spend a lot of money to get the advanced treatment. I never take a chance with my dental health and regularly visit the dentist Redondo Beach for the checkup.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.